Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Clairey

7 November Saturday
Today I got to go out on my own again!  I LOVE VIENNA.  The first thing I did was go to the Naschmarkt . . . this is the biggest flea market in Vienna.  I had ONE GOAL: a leather watch.  Amy got the cutest one a few weeks ago.  I had no luck, though.
It was SNOWING!  So after I failed at finding a watch, I went to find that shoe store.  Oh, I did find a cool leather purse at the market, it is wonderful.
So the shoe store was off this random stop I've never been to, but when I got to the address I could not see a shoe store anywhere!  Turns out that whole block was a mall. . .  so I had to go in and find the dang place.  Here are some of the guys' shoes.  SO BEAUTIFUL.
For some reason I just love malls at Christmas time, even though they are over-packed and stressful, there is Christmas music playing and families and kids everywhere!!  It felt like the US, haha.  Santa was there and everything.
Once I got my shoes (yay!!), I headed back to Neubaugasse in the SNOW.  The subway stop was by this highway, and you could go to Prague or Budapest on it, haha.
I ended up in this other mall on accident, and there was this food court, and I got the most delicious noodles!!  I watched her make them: ham chunks and green onions in oil for a bit on the stove, then some creme added with salt, then the noodles, then the leaves and fresh cheese!  So easy.
I went back to the fabric store for one last look. . .  nothing.  Sorry Jan and Mom.  I wandered around that area for the rest of the day, looking in shops, passing antique stores, finding Christmas markets.
I am really going to miss these streets of Europe.  Just look how pretty!  I don't really notice anymore since this is what we see every day, but WOW.  It is so beautiful here!

I found a Christmas market I've been looking for for like a week!  Spittelberg!  It was on a random street, not in a square like usual.  I got some kinderpunsch.  MMMMM.
I headed over by the parliament buildings, and I was planning on looking through the market at the Rathaus, but it was INSANE!  So crowded!  Holiday weekend!  BAD IDEA!  I left quick.
I warmed up at home for a little bit, and then I met up with Amy, Haley, Tanner, and Garrison at Schnitzelwirt for our last schnitzel dinner!  Even though I just got soup because I was still full from lunch, it was great.  The waiters there take shots while they are serving . . . so the night gets more and more interesting, haha.
We got ice cream after at our favorite place by Stephansplatz!  I love these people.

I can't believe it is almost time to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment