Monday, December 9, 2013

Tschüss Vienna

9 December Monday

I can't believe today was our last day here.

I studied for my Art History final all morning, and headed to school at 11:45 to take it.
 Last time on the bus through the city 
 The first thing we see every day at school.

The test was alright . . .  we knew it was going to be hard so I was expecting that much.  We haven't had ANY other tests or assignments or papers in this class, so the final is our entire grade.  It was ten essay questions, referencing specific pieces of art and we had to compare and contrast, describe periods of art, and mention other artworks as well.  Not TOO bad except some of the pieces I couldn't remember enough about.  OH WELL!
 Happy to be done.

OH, so today it has been STORMING rain all day.  The wind is insane!  We all got soaked and blown about!  I met up with a few girls and we went to this cafe I've been wanting to go to -- Cafe Alt Wein. They are supposed to have the best goulash in Austria.  And lemme tell ya. . .  it was good.  The inside is decked out in art posters all over the place.  
I also ordered my first Apfel Strudel hahahaha whoops.
 Afterwards, I stopped in some souvenir shops because I don't have anything that says AUSTRIA on it!!!  So I got a t-shirt.  Natürlich.
 Last look at St. Stephans!
I hung out inside a souvenir shop hiding from the rain for a bit, but then the man got mad at me for taking photos inside.  No photo, lady.
Remember what I said about Kilmt's The Kiss being all over???
Freaking Mozart chocolates are EVERYWHERE
Our favorite ice cream spot!!!
Oh my goodness ok, the weather was just too bad today to get more pictures than that.  And it got dark fast!  Especially because of the rainstorm.  I did some Christmas shopping for my favorite boys because I have SO MUCH extra room in my suitcases.  Then I went home and finished up packing.  Oh, that was a joke a second ago, my bags are like, 48 and 50 lbs. hahahaaha.  I'M A MASTER PACKER.

We went to FHE for the last time tonight!!  We had to say goodbye to everybody, which was sad, and even goodbye to the people in our group we won't see again!  I am excited to just get home and be done with the hellish 24 hours of travel that is about to start at 4 am tomorrow morning.

Right now we are finalizing up our bags and cleaning up a bit!  We still need to go through the kitchen stuff . . .  which means we will be stuffing a lot of food in our bags and in our tummies in a few minutes.

-- 20 min later --

Oh Vienna, you've been good to me.  I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the USA. I've enjoyed your blog. Museums, scenery, food, history--it was all great.

    ReplyDelete