Tuesday, December 3, 2013

#HBD Amy

2 December Monday

Today during our break, Mara made some cookies.  When she was walking around handing them to people she was saying, "Burnt, or undercooked!?" about the two different plates hahaha.  They were really yummy though.
 We had our German final today.  It was not hard....it went okay.  I got 16/19, but he is going to curve it I think.  He wants the lowest grade to be a B, and I got a B and I was #4 in the class sooooo, it will be fine.  The listening part was the hardest.  Grammar was fine.

After school, Amy, Haley and I went to the grocery store and got a few ingredients (I needed cheese) to make dinner really quick before we went to the OPERA.  The Vienna Opera house is FAMOUS.  So we had to go.  We saw The Magic Flute.  We got there around 6, and stood in line for standing room tickets for 3 Euro.  Don't mind that we had to sit down after 20 minutes (the show started at 7), and Amy and I even fell asleep listening to the opera and beautiful music.  It was in German, but there were tiny screens at each person's standing space with English subtitles.
Sorry about the iPhone pics today.
trying to get a good pic of the famous grand staircase
So today was Amy's 20th BIRTHDAY!!!!
So we left the opera at half-time (haha) to go get ice cream to celebrate.  Haley, Mara, Monika, Stephanie, Amy and I.  We went to this awesome ice cream place by Stephansplatz, and it was so cheap and they gave us SO MUCH ICE CREAM!!!  4 Strugel for only 3 Euro!  We never find ice cream that cheap.  I got blueberry, lemon, stracciatella, and mint.
We stayed at that ice cream shop talking for a long time!  Till like 10:30.  It was just great.  The boys working at the ice cream shop gave Amy this cone with a kitty and a candle she got to blow out.  It was sweet.

Life is good.

I can't believe we have to start thinking about packing things....AHHH it's gonna be rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment