Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Die Schmetterlinge

Just another Tuesday, having art class at a museum!!  There are these two museums, I forgot their names...but they are exactly symmetrical and identical.  One is the works of nature...and one is the works of man (art).  We went in the latter today for class for two hours!!  Life couldn't be better.










Victoria (aka Nike), the goddess of victory.  sound familiar?

a relief carved in an onyx stone.  the stone naturally has 2 layers--the top white and the bottom black. so this is all one stone.
same idea here


From 12 - 2:30 I ate lunch, did some reading homework, and planned trips...then we had German from 2:30 - 4.  Today our teacher taught us the swear words and told us that you can find "magic mushrooms" in the woods here.  Also that people go out and pick their own mushrooms to cook!  It is common knowledge which ones aren't poisonous.  I guess we also learned a little German...and learned that we have a MIDTERM on THURSDAY...... so that's good (Dad, you'll be helping me with that studying....).

Haley, Monika, Stephanie, Mara and I went to die Schmetterling Hause.  It is really just around the corner from our school!!  We paid 4.50 to get in...the place was soooo hot and humid.  But we got to just wander around with the butterflies!  Schmetterling means butterfly.  They are huge!

(MO)









(MO)






From 5:30 - 6:30 I had time to kill, so I went across the street from my apartment to the canal.  I have looked at this spot every time I've walked past it and I've wanted to go down since the first day!  Today was the firs time, and I hope I can do it every day from now on as long as the weather is good.  It was nice to sit and read, write in my journal, write some letters....there weren't many people down there.  The sun was just setting, and the weather was maybe 62 and sunny.  I was below the city chaos, although I could still hear it down there, it was just nice to not be IN it.  It was calm.  The stairs literally go right into the water.  The water moves SO fast.  It is kinda scary because the stairs are pretty steep.  This is my new SPOT.






our apartment from across the street.  we are the four windows on the left of the fourth floor


DINNER tonight!!!  The soup was pumpkin puree (with ginger, duh).  Salad was cauliflower again, same as last week (delicious).  Main dish was potatoes mit kässe (with cheese).  Dessert was little müsse - honig bites (Caelyn and Kimber are both ein bissen krank...a little sick...so they turned down ice cream. Losers.)












1 comment:

  1. What a great day! I loved the Schmetterlinge and the SPOT you found. Go there often. We love you, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete