Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Harry Potter

Today in German we read about Harry potter in German...because he knows we are all obsessed with it.  Tanner read the first book yesterday (cover to cover) (but online).  At the Minert's on Sunday everybody was getting "sorted" online.  Hahahaa soooo our lesson was Harry Potter based.  And I fell asleep but oh well.

We had two and a half hours till our next class.  I went to Billa and got a sandwich and chips and [chocolate duh].  Then we talked in the classroom about things.


Class ended at 5:30.  I left at 6:30, and decided to walk home because it was so warm out still!  I got bombarded by men dressed in Mozart outfits with wigs advertising for their orchestra shows...they CATCH you walking.  I swear when I have my camera out they approach me WAY more, and ALWAYS in English.  They think I'm a tourist.  Ahhhh and it is annoying because I want the information and schedule from them of what shows are going on, but they are trying to sell tickets...so as soon as I say I'm not buying anything tonight because I don't know my schedule, they shoo me away kinda.  Haha.  One guy asked where I was from in the states, and when I said Utah, he said "Oh you're Mormon?  I love the Mormons.  Good honest people."  Haha.

The Opera House at night:




The walking path by all the shops and stuff....night time rocks.
St. Stephen's cathedral..the center of the city
on the wall of St. Stephens every night! I don't know why
DINNER!!!  Soup was a vegetable soup (duh) with celery and cauliflower and potato I think...so yummy.  Grapes.  Caelyn.  Don't know what she called this dish...potatoes, lots of onions, and bacon.  Cucumber salad with almonds.  Coconut for dessert.  Caelyn and Kimber didn't like it very much!!  I took all the extras to my room.  Haha.  Eating coconut like this reminded me of so many times when we were little eating it with Mom.  We were talking about coconuts and Africa at the table.  I told Frau Feest: "Meine Mutter hat in Africa gewohnt." (I think?)
and
"Mein Freund heißt Telu.  Er ist in Tonga für zwei Jahre wohnen.  Er schickte eine Photo zu mir.  Her hatte eine Machette und eine Coconut in Tonga."  WOW I can tell this isn't all accurate sorry Dad but she got what I was saying I think.










1 comment:

  1. Yay Harry Potter. Yay Mozart at night. Yay Coconut! Yay living in Africa. Yay cornbread yesterday. What a perfect life you are living. I wish I could be you with all of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete