Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mittwoch.

OOPS

I forgot my camera today.  So these are baby iPhone pictures.  Anywayssss....today we had a lazy morning until lunch at the Minert's at 12:30.  I can justify the "lazy mornings" because every weekend we are DOING stuff every single hour so we need the week mornings to recoup!  At home, it is usually the opposite...weekdays are filled with work every hour of the day, and the weekends you relax and sleep in.  But here we actually STILL do things during the week...just not in the early mornings :)  We had soup for lunch, and then we had Brother Minert's Religion 350 class for and hour and a half.  I play the piano, like always, and I fell asleep for only a couple minutes.  We talked about the building details of the temple in Freiberg, and about the church in East Berlin...I don't really like history, or religion classes sooooo I just won't write much more on this.

At 3:00 we got to go to the VIENNA WOODS!  I was so sad I forgot my camera today for this but shhhhhhhhh it's okay.  I was able to enjoy it more, I think.  We took a bus up the hills and then walked around some pretty paths for a while.  It was chilly and beautiful.  It smelled like Sundance, which made me a little bit homesick.  We found a cute park in the middle of the walk, so NATÜRLICH we stopped to play in it.


(MO)

this is blurry because I was running to catch the bus haha DANGIT
(MO)

(MO)
We got back to the Minert's at 6:00, and we hung out there for a bit until Institute at 7.  On the way, Klint and I took a detour to the DM (like Walgreens) to find their self-service photo printing machine.  It cost me 39 cents to print one 4x6 with 4 different small photos on it!  I am going to be using this machine a lot.

At Institute, Sis. Strong taught us about all the worlds in the universe.  It was an interesting lesson...we don't usually talk about that!  It blows my mind, and it is kinda hard to think about...but then we got dinner for 1.50.  Bean/lentil/split pea soup over some knudel things....doughy bread, I don't even know, but it was good.  Salad also, then cake.  We talked to a brother and sister whose parents are from Ghana, but they were born in Austria, but they speak English like Americans...they went to University in England.  They were so nice!!  Some of the other kids that come for YSA activities have been kinda weird to us...but I really liked these two.  They want to take us around.  

after dinner at the Centrum
cute Jord

fabulous people


I am now trying to write an essay for my religion history class.  YUCK.  1500 words...due Saturday.  But guess where I'll be Saturday?  And Friday?  BUDAPEST.  So gotta finish by, yep, TOMORROW!!!!!!  This is what my essay is focused on.  It is really an amazing story.  (I know the only people who read that will be Mom, Dad, and maybe Barb).  East Berlin was rough for members while that wall was up.

Also things going through my head tonight: Florence trip (can't wait!), gotta pay for Rome still maybe, need to plan Prague, need to email a professor about a TA job, German midterm tomorrow (!!!), need to send out postcards and letters, housing for winter semester, classes for winter semester, and need to cut my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment