Sunday, October 20, 2013

"Nein!"

 19 October Saturday 

We slept through our alarms this morning, finally waking up at 8:45 (meant to get up at 8, leave at 9).  We got out of there sometime...I'm not even really sure.  The hostel man sold us tickets for the bath we would go to later, so that we wouldn't have to mess with a line or anything weird there.  Turns out Alisha was up all night throwing up that weird food we ate hahaha, but everybody else was fine!!!  Here is a picture of the hostel man waving goodbye to us hhaha.  Then we did more walking over to Hero's Square.





MEXICAN FOOD.
PASTRIES. duh

We passed the cutest outdoor pastry stand and went NUTS.  We are used to big breakfast by now!  I got this peach bit thing first...and then Rachel had gotten this warm cheese-filled croissant at another bakery, so I went and got that too....easily one of the best things I have ever eaten.  Then I got a pretzel to top it off.  All of this was SO CHEAP, but I can't remember exactly how much.  Just wow yum.












More walking....headed to Hero's Square to see some touristy sights.









(MO)


(MO)

Monika, Stephanie and I went into this old classical art museum.  YAY.  And we got in for free because the twins are citizens of Germany, and today they had some special?  And the lady let me in for free too.  Weeeeee (saved 1800 Florint).

After spending two hours in that museum (and only really seeing half of it MAYBE) the three of us walked around the park a little bit, and to this castle.  The leaves are AMAZING right now!!  Like holyyyyy.  I love it.  The weather was awesome too, like 63 probably!  And sunny.


missed this exhibit...he's one of my favorites :(
El Greco snuck on my phone










(MO)













THEN, at 2:45, we went to the BATH HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my gosh.  Whhhhat.  I had no idea this is what it was going to be like!!!  We went to one that is not nude :) and had our swimsuits on.  It is just like a hot tub all over!  But not that hot.  The perfect temperature!  There was a sign that said it isn't advised to be in for longer than 20 minutes....haha we were in there for a good two hours.  Isn't it so beautiful!?

(MO)
(MO)
(MO)






Walking back to the train station...pretty sunset.  Under this bridge, that cement is a huge ice skating rink in the winter I think.


Jordan representing his BYU attire for game day.  Hahahaha




we tried to find some food on the way...it was horrible and stressful and we had to spend our last Florint money at the grocery store so I just bought a ton of chocolate, because it was all so cheap!  Aaaand, you guessed it, we ended up running to the train, waiting on Monika and Haley spending their moneys in the Spar.  I DO NOT LIKE THIS RUNNING HABIT WE ARE GETTING IN.  But anyways, we were waiting, and Amy and I decided we weren't going to wait any longer (it was 7:00 and the train left at 7:10...we were right across the street though).  So we ran into the train station, searched the screen for WIEN and didn't see it anywhere!!  I asked somebody, "Where is Wien???  What platform?"

His response: "Nein."

Oh no oh noooo.  Everybody had come to the train station already except us 5!!  (The other 3 STILL weren't there).  How could the train not be here!!!

I pulled out my ticket frantically from my backpack and showed him, "It leaves tonight!  At 7:10!!!  Vienna!"

"Nein."

OHHH NO

But then he pulls out a pen...and writes on his hand a "g".  What????? G???

"Nine!"

Oh my gosh DANG PLATFORM NUMBER NINE NOBODY SPEAKS FREAKING GERMAN IN THIS DANG COUNTRY.

NINE.

"Danke shön!!"

Why did you say that Amy?  HAHAHA

We made it onto platform 9 just fine.  And ate a lot of chocolate on the train home for three hours.  We laughed about it the entire way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment