Sunday, October 13, 2013

In der Kirche

Church this lovely morning.  We decided we may start going to the English ward....because we don't really understand anything.  Actually during class our teacher speaks English too so she kind of translates as she goes.  But Relief Society and Sacrament meeting we are just lost enjoying sitting in the back by all the tiny children.

Caelyn, Jordan, Klint 
Our building
the missionaries we love, waiting for the train to come. and yes one does have a black eye. it's because he said they were wrestling for their "morning workout" time hahahahahaha


Right after church ended, we had to wait till 1:19 to take the train over to the Minert's.  Caelyn, Kimber, Jordan, Klint and I were in charge of dinner tonight. Buuuut, Kimber slept in this morning, and Klint and Jordan had lunch with their Haus Frau today because it was the only day they could.  So Caelyn and I were the only ones preparing it mostly!!  We had an onion, 2 peppers, 4 dozen eggs, 24 tortillas, two blocks of Gouda, a ton of sausage, two zucchinis, one million potatoes, a huge bottle of ketchup, four bottles of juice, and two boxes of ice cream bars.  We couldn't agree really on how to cook it, Caelyn wanted to broil it which I have noooo idea about, I don't even know what that means hahaha.  And I wanted to partially boil the potatoes, then put them in a pan with the sausage and onion and oil and kinda fry it a bit....we tried both.  The oven failed with the broiling, so we did my method (faster also) but we mixed the two together and they were both good!!  We sautéed the peppers and added them.  Kimber showed up and grated the cheese, and put the zucchini with onion chunks over the stove, and we served our breakfast mix!  Burritos were an option, and everybody loved it!  Like really loved it.  I regret being too stressed to get any pictures of the whole thing!!!!  Tanner said it was the best meal he has had in this house (and we eat at the Minert's a lot).  So it felt good to be done and have everybody be full and able to get seconds.

We all hung out at the Minert's all evening.  We had a nice discussion clarifying some rules, because I guess we have broken a lot without realizing it because they weren't really made clear.  None of us were in trouble, because the Minert's knew they weren't clear but NOW we are all clear, and everything will be good.

Last night I was awake in the middle of the night because my stings hurt and itched!  (They are alright now though) I checked my phone and I had EMAILS from Elder Cruser!!  WHAT!  He isn't supposed to have a computer or anything!!!!  They got to go to a different island to watch conference I guess!  So he wrote an email and sent pictures, and he will also get to write again tomorrow!  (Well it will be in like 5 hours from now? 2 am my time usually).  He's on an island with no electricity and no running water.  He said they shower with a bucket in candlelight.  Laundry in a bucket too!  Here are some pictures of this great boy.

[ listen to    t h i s    while you scroll through ]



he threw up like 7 times on this 30 hour ride to Hunga, but STILL HAPPY!
this boy, Sateki, loves Telu


with Elder Filipe Sitake!
beautiful Hunga
their area like what!??!? 




Mom gave him this plunger haha laundry time


a home
their church house 




watching conference in English...they took a boat to a new island for this screen....the church is true



Ohhhhh these make me HAPPY!

I also LOVE NUTELLA I don't know how I ever didn't like it.  It must be better here.

I'm currently eating a Stoopwaffel.



No comments:

Post a Comment