Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mountains! + Bees

I can't type very much because my hand hurts...you will see why pretty soon.

10 of us met at 8:45 at the train station (Mara, Monika, Stephanie, Haley, Amy, Caelyn, Kimber, Tanner, Klint) to ride out to the country side and go HIKING.  We got this amazing chocolate covered AND chocolate filled croissant.  It was TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE but SO DELICIOUS.  It was beautiful up there.  It reminded me of Park City.  HIKE!  Trees, fall colors,  cool air, apple trees EVERYWHERE...ladders to tree houses, then lunch at a waterfall.  Amazing views, rough trails, cows, and more and more beautiful trees, oh and BEES.  30 minutes in, I got stung by a bee on my hip!  First bee sting of my LIFE.  It hurt really bad and swelled up!  But it was fine.























(MO)

(MO)










(MO)











We stopped at a beautiful tree to pick some red delicious apples.  I had the perfect one in my hand, and was jumping to get another, and before I knew it there was a swarm of bees around my head.  I heard Monika scream and grab Haley and run away from the tree, I yelled and threw my perfect apple and ran out.  I got stung on my finger...it is still kinda numb and definitely swollen and in pain.  I also got stung on my hip again in the same spot!!  I think one more time but right now it looks like 3 total on my hip.  The stinger was in my hip this time still, and my finger.  We took all my rings off my right hand fast before any swelling started (smart Garrison).  Garrison and Monika tried to get the stinger out but it was so hard!  We ended up leaving it in for the rest of the day and my hand KILLED.

(MO)
(MO)
(MO)

(MO)





(MO)

We hiked for 4 hours total I think.  2 hour train ride.  Home at 6:30.  My group did some grocery shopping to make dinner for everybody tomorrow.  We dropped it all of at the Minert's apartment.  We had a talk with them about rules...things haven't been exactly as they should be I guess.  Then Caelyn, Kimber and I got our FAVORITE NOODLES at Happy Noodles!!  Grosse knudle mit chicken bitte.  That's not even right whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment