Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Night Trains

24 November Sunday

Garrison and I woke up at 6AM, and through blurry, contact-lacking eyes, we both looked through the window at what was outside.  It was confusing...because I was looking at the tops of pine trees covered in snow.  SNOW!  I made a very loud "hhhhhm!!!!" sound?  And the Italian lady with us laughed at me.  I got so excited to see that snow!!!  I dug out my glasses and we watched through the window as we sped through these snow-covered mountains.  The sky was white from the fog.  Chimneys on tops of cute colored houses were puffing out smoke.  It was UNREAL.  Here is the best photo I got on my phone...not even 1/100th of how beautiful it was.
 Amy and Lexi showed up in our cabin to say good morning...we weren't quite sure who this silhouette was actually.  But we all squished together, and eventually Caelyn came in, too.  We watched the snow, then all of a sudden we went into a tunnel...and when we came up, no more snow!!!  Like magic!  (Some of us were thinking "thank goodness..").
 For some reason, our train got in super late to Vienna.  We were supposed to arrive at 8:30, but we got in at 9:15 ish I think!!  So we were sitting together anticipating an arrival any second...although we could tell we were still super far away from the city.  That made us late for church, but we made it to sacrament meeting!
Life is good!  It was hard to stay awake during church, but I got to come home and take a solid nap.  Then we went to the Minert's for dinner.  Katie & Mara made spätzle for dinner....homemade!  They put cheese on top.  They put eggs in one of the pans with it.  I want to try to make this when I get home!  I need a special kitchen tool though to make the shape.  YUM.

We had another advent fireside thing...we watched a movie--Silent Night.  I really just slept through the whole thing so that's fine.  Then I went home and did whatever it is I do then went to bed!

Oh, I figured out how to change the fonts on this here BLOG...and that sure did take a while!  SO YEAH

No comments:

Post a Comment