Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fußball!

19 November Tuesday
Today was pretty cold.

Anyways, I was craving fruits at lunchtime...so this is what I came back with from the grocery store.  This multi-fruit juice!  YUM!  I want to make some like this when I get home...if I can.  Yummm and chocolate, of course.



carrot juice, melon puree, apple juice, grape juice, banana puree, kiwi puree

So for Austrian History, we went to a museum and looked at things from Vienna during wartime...it is fun to look at things.  We were mostly paying attention to artifacts...instruments, reconstructed rooms, and a few paintings, but then I saw THIS Klimt painting in an adjacent room and I ran in!!!


THEN, on another wall there were three Schiele paintings!!! AHHHH.  Such a happy surprise to finish the day!  I stayed in there as long as I could....ahhhh it is just all so beautiful.




(random artist, pretty portrait)
There are some Christmas markets getting set up in front of Karlskirche!



SO

TONIGHT we headed over to the soccer stadium for the USA vs. Österreich game!!  We got our tickets forever ago and it came so fast!  Klint went all out, and ended up after the game trading his American flag for some guy's Austria scarf haha!!  We were sitting surrounded by Austrians, but we heard and saw some occasional American fans!!!  It was so fun, even though we lost 0-1.  It wasn't too cold!  I painted everybody's faces.  It was so fun to cheer and be LOUD!  And singing the National Anthem at the beginning felt especially great.  We love our country.

a little selfie before the game
































we all got these flags..they waved them like crazy when they scored 

















































As if I need more, here are Monika's photos from the night:








So here are two things that I've found online that have interested me in the past day or so.  First of all, this blog written by a Mormon bishop about all the things he has learned from being a bishop...I posted this on my Facebook, so click here to read.  It is very well-written.

The next thing I just barely watched about the economy in America basically.  It is pretty short, and just describes the distribution of income across American citizens.  The visuals are great....and it really gets you thinking.  Click here.


1 comment: