Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday in Vienna

Today was one of the best days.

I know, I say that a lot, almost after every weekend actually!!

Kimber and I went to the Flohmarkt (at the Nashmarkt...just larger on Saturdays).  They had tons of jewelry and antiques and things.  I found a really cool old necklace for a good price...pics later.  It was a chilly morning!  We finished at the other end of the market and got some delicious soup from a really nice man.  Mine is the yellow one with yellow carrot, lemon, ginger...and lots of other yummy things blended up.  Kimber had some kind of curry.  Of course we put pumpkin seeds in em, and I also tried this potato dumpling thing with caramelized onions.  mmmmm.



















ran into Brendan in the train station hahaha

I went home for a little bit and got organized, charged my phone, and got online to see what I should do the rest of the day so I wouldn't waste it.  I kinda wanted to go to Schonbrunn palace again to walk around the grounds more because I didn't have much time last time we went...but I didn't.  I ended up going to the Leopold Museum.  When I realized that is where the Egon Schiele exhibit was I got out of this apartment SO FAST.  The museum here in Vienna has the largest collection of Schiele's works, and he happens to be (I decided today) probably my favorite artist.  He lived from 1890 - 1918 (so yes, he was only 28 when he died).  His pregnant wife died Oct 28, 1918 from the Spanish Influenza epidemic, and he died 3 days later on Halloween of the same influenza.  So sad!  That was two days ago....crazy.  Anyways he does some pretty bizarre things but I love it.  Ummm tomorrow I'm going to add in the photos I took of the artwork so hang tight and check back to see them...so incredible.

The museum also has works from Klimt and Kokoschka.  Both really awesome...I love this period of art.  SO GREAT.




I love his signature...everything
Okay, so I figured out these cool slideshows to show the pictures of paintings...!  Because I didn't wanna have you all scrolling through 62 images unless you actually wanted to look through them!  So to put the HTML code = slideshow on the blog like the following two, I am limited to 15 images (free version...ehh), but HERE is a link to all 62 photos I took in the museum.  These next two bunches are just the highlights I guess...but go look at them all!!!  It was all SO GREATTT.



After, I met up with Caelyn, Klint, Katie, Lexi, Jordan, Tanner, and Garrison at Centimeter for dinner!  Lexi and I split this GIANT Chicken cordon bleu mit Pommes.  Yummm it was delicious.  Caelyn, Jordan, and Garrison split this XL size rib order.  WOW.  Klint got this goulash.  We went to McDonald's after to get McSundae's!  Cheap ice cream open late.  Yummmm.  Oh, and the McDonald's is super fancy, like, are we eating in a palace? Nope.






for Adam and Aaron...hahaa These ads are everywhere

1 comment:

  1. I love that you changed the blog format and header photo to VIENNA! I like seeing the most recent post showing up on top. Nice. Can't wait to see the next installment of art photos from yesterday. WE all LOVE your BLOG. It's as close to being there as we can get from over here. Thanks for taking the time to show us everything you're doing. We miss you. Mom

    ReplyDelete