Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful.

28 November Thursday

Well, real quick, today did not feel like Thanksgiving. I'm sad about it.

Anyways, I woke up and still felt sick.  But more of a headache, not the throwy-up kind of sick.  So I took some Advil and laid in bed for another hour till I felt better.

We had our last German class today before our final....hahah that class is a J O K E.  It's fine.  For our history class, we went to the war museum, which was cool, but hard to pay attention.  It is always hard to pay attention to him.  The building was cool though!  And there is going to be a medieval market out front starting tomorrow!  We will have to go back.
So after the museum, Amy, Haley and I went to this one subway station to talk to a guy about getting train tickets for the morning to get to the airport.  He helped us calculate what time we would need to leave and where to go and everything (the transportation is different at 5AM).  In the subway station, there were all these papers taped to the wall.  Mara helped me understand that it said to take one!  And they were little poems.  I grabbed two little guys. 


The more we
want to earn
The more things
will serve us
For me but
more
must earn.


The Google translation on the other one didn't really make too much sense.
I had to go back to the school to do some Copenhagen research (oh yeah, that's where we are going) and to print off some of my maps.  Here's the opera house on this freezing cold night coming out of the escalator.
This is down one of the streets on my walk home!  Christmas!!!!
For dinner (and for lunch earlier...) I had leftover schnitzel.  YAY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!....ugh.  So sad.
I also got myself this apple pastry.  It was almost like an apple pie.
And now it is time to do a little bit more Copenhagen planning, some packing, some homework, and maybe some Grey's Anatomy-watching.

I can't believe my last trip is tomorrow.

Real quick, I want to throw in a "thankful" post...because I just gotta.

I am so thankful for my parents, first of all, who have made traveling not only a possibility in my life, but a reality...honestly without them I wouldn't have been able to be studying in this amazing city.

I am thankful for this beautiful world.  It is amazing.  
I am thankful for knowledge, and the opportunity I have to learn more and more.
I'm thankful for umbrellas.
I'm thankful for cars, trains, busses, planes, and wifi--all allowing me to travel easier.
I'm thankful for the English language and that I know it already because it would suck to learn.
I am thankful for my curly hair from my daddy.
I'm thankful for Steve Jobs.
I'm thankful that so many of my friends are out serving missions!!
I'm thankful for the technology that allows me to call home, and allows me to save my memories easily ...all in my computer through photos and journals.
I'm thankful for doctors who can perform surgeries on feet well enough that I can walk around Europe for months and be fine about it (a real miracle there).
I'm thankful for generous people.
I'm thankful for butter and sugar...always.
I'm thankful that God can hear us and will answer our prayers.

Okay those were super random.  Homework time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment