Monday, November 18, 2013

Nicht-so-sonnig Sontag

17 November Sunday

This is what we woke up to outside our window.

I love it.
We made it to church...I took this on my phone on the way to the stake center.
Here is some documentation of what I bought in London!!  These are all pretty big....like around 20 inches on the longest side.  I LOVE THEM ALL.  THE MAPS....ahhhhhhh.


So today we hung out at the Minert's for lunch/dinner.  Haley, Amy, Alisha, and Lexi made the meal.  Mac n Cheese with sausage, a delicious cucumber salad, and garlic bread, and ice cream sandwiches for dessert (they MADE these sandwiches with our favorite cookies with ice cream in the middle...so great).  We also had TWO chocolate birthday cakes--one for Alisha and one for Katie!

A couple from the church came to talk to us about the Christmas Advent they celebrate here.  Basically they celebrate the four sundays before the last sunday in December or something...and they light candles and eat treats and sing songs and it is great.  And they get presents.  This is their version of Christmas...although I think mostly now everybody just celebrates Christmas how we do.

I stayed over there till 10 just working on stuff.

Here's to ANOTHER WEEK starting...wow it is all going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment